Sunday, February 26, 2012

(Retro) Day In Review

I've been without internet this weekend since I moved to a new apartment and am yet to have the cable guy visit. Before I start I need to give a quick shoutout to the Starbucks on Broadway and Sheridan for their wifi :) .

Friday morning I put some more time into the new internal 8th Light application I have started. The start of this project is exciting because there are many new idea that run counter to the canonical rails development. I've enjoying playing with some ideas and letting them fall into place with a red/green building and refactor cycle. Some of the abstractions took two or three attempts to feel right, but I am starting to finish up some of the beginning features and pass acceptance tests. Moving forward I will be finishing the first iteration's features and take a little bit of time to put a polish on the UI so it is not bland html.

Friday evening I had the opportunity to visit the University of Chicago for a hack night. It was a great experience because myself and two other 8th Lighters were able to share ideas with the students. I enjoy any opportunity where both parties are excited to share ideas two-ways and this was one such opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment