Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day In Review

Interactions between story board columns is rough and I am beginning to think that the architecture is going to need to change for the story board backbone views. Instead of having 5 story collections it will all be condensed into one collection that each of the five column views shares. Then, we can attach some meta-data (that will not synchronize with the server) to each story and let the column views use the meta-data to decide which stories to accept and reject when rendering. Although I liked the five ignorant collections with one per view it is not useful for multi-view interaction and every spiked solution I have attempted so far has felt very hacky.

I also planned the beginning iteration for Abbacus today. I spoke with craftsmen and apprentices about the architecture of the application and what they thought would be good practice when starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment