Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day In Review

In the morning I continue working on my HTTP server, working towards finishing the large story of my iteration. I had everything working except for one little pesky bug which in turn stopped me from completing my iteration. Of course, after my iteration I found the problem and had everything working. When I was reading the input stream of an incoming HTTP packet I had an if statement that asked if the input stream was ready to be read. This would fail ~1/100 times which allowed it to go unnoticed for a long period of time (and allow me to pass my acceptance test). In the end I added a while loop that sits and waits until the input stream is ready to be read.

In the afternoon I had my IPM with Paul. I made my stories smaller in scope and in points in order to avoid missing an iteration again. I will also be narrowing the scope of my recent blog post 'Students, Take Notice.' The new post will focus on acceptance testing for small school projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment