Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day In Review

I continued working on the interactions between columns on the story board. There are many server and client side modules that all serve these interactions so the change I want to make alongside the decoupling I am doing as I go is getting tough. Fortunately, I was able to leverage the power or prototypes to add metadata to objects that were subclasses of backbone objects. This means that I can retain the inheritance and those benefits with attached metadata that lives outside of that child-parent object structure.

I also paired with Paul on an autocomplete feature. We ran into some walls in development, but I believe we were on the right track. One takeaway I had was to select your dependencies carefully. If you include a dependency that itself is a collection of dependencies don't then include a single dependency that clobbers what exists in the collection. It's important to be cognizant of the ramifications of included dependencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment