Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day In Review

Today, my server and tic-tac-toe game went their separate ways. My Server received the name HT(TPS) Report, which is a reference to the most excellent movie, Office Space. My tic-tac-toe game is now a single jar and the TicTacToeClient, which implements the Client interface of my server, now lives inside that jar. That means that applications are able to use my server as a dependency and register themselves for the server.

I also have text file routes now. The user can specify a routes file and pass that in on server initialization. The end of the day involved me getting my head around the next feature. I will be allowing the user to specify a jar with a package that contains their Client Implementations and pass that, as a command line parameter, to the Server on initialization. I will then be using reflection to get the Class and make instances of that Class when necessary.

I also added command line arguments with JArgs. I highly recommend JArgs, it's lightweight and very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment