Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day In Review

I completed the iteration dedicated to my HTTP Server. During my iteration meeting Paul and I discussed the one logical error in the architecture. Instead of relying on one Client Implementation to interface with an application, we should interface with one to many Clients and allow the routes file to specify which client a verb + path route will hit. This made sense because rails works in very much the same way (Rails, however, has a little more leeway since duck typing allows routes to hit an arbitrary method on a controller whereas I am using the Command Pattern to interact with a Client interface).

This makes the wiring a little trickier because instead of the user specifying the single Client to use, the server must now find all Client Implementations within the Application's jar file. This is, however, possible since java reflection offers the ability to ask for base classes. I plan on revisiting this in my free time, hopefully this weekend.

Moving forward I am going to be working on moving the Artisan Story Board to Backbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment