Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day In Review

I continued wrapping the payment processing API today. I ran into come issues with my integration test post-refactoring which lead me down a small rabbit-hole. Thankfully, I was able to pull myself back out before I lost too much sanity. Afterwards, it felt good to end the day totally green (specifically with unit and integration tests). Tomorrow, there is an iteration meeting and I am excited to introduce myself to the team by showing some of the functionality I have been working on.

Since the team uses JRuby, I've been running my test suite against JRuby before commits. I would develop in JRuby but it feels too slow for quick feedback loops (MRI, however, is blazingly fast). I feel as though clojure can evaluate at a quicker pace than JRuby and I'm curious to benchmark this to see if my feeling is true. If it is true it might be worthwhile to investigate the differences and see how they utilize to the JVM (I've been interested in the JVM lately for a variety of reasons).

No comments:

Post a Comment