Monday, February 6, 2012

Day In Review

The day started with the bi-weekly Hosemonster IPM. Thankfully, the iteration is slow enough and laid back enough for us apprentices to take part and have the opportunity to learn. It's nice to both take time to learn about process, good code, and simultaneously deal with a live client. I enjoy the feedback of an IPM because the direction of the application comes forward while at the same time the client and team work out the details of the big picture. It's nice to see both of those perspectives come together at one time.

After the IPM I attacked a bug in the PDF generation for Work Orders. When the app split into two apps (Hosemonster and Limelight-Hosemonster-UI) there was a weird break in the templating for the PDF generator. I felt accomplished when I tracked the bug down because I was able to restore the previous functionality and remove a superflous function from the namespace. The solution felt cleaner and I was proud of that.

I also paired with Wei Lee on a big of refactoring in preparation for plugging in the graphs we had been working on for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment