Monday, February 13, 2012

Day In Review

I have a 1.0 version of my HTTP server available for use. You can find it and download the .jar on my github. I feel fairly pleased with how the server has turned out. I was able to put together a simple Client app to pass all of the cob_spec acceptance tests. I also benchmarked my server and was able to handle 10,000 requests in ~16 seconds. I hope to improve on this performance moving forward by tweaking a couple of implementations. I also hope to introduce relative paths for the command line arguments because the absolute paths are a bit ridiculous to pass in to start the server.

I was able to use reflection to reference the Client Implementation. This turned out to be simpler than I had imagined, it involved loading a jar and then referencing the class in its specific package. I ran into one minor bug with the data passed in the PUT and POST types. I fixed my 'Analyst' to handle the edge cases and now feel confident after passing the cob_spec.

No comments:

Post a Comment