Friday, February 3, 2012

Day In Review

My HTTP Server's refactoring has been going fairly well. Currently, the Packet and PacketParser classes are messy and I am slowly refactoring their behavior. I'm also pulling the responsibility of generating the return string of a packet out from the Packet class. I plan to let the Packet be only a hash of HTTP packet attributes. I will then use the presenter pattern and make a Packet Presenter to generate the outgoing packet.

I've also run into some trouble. Before, I kept my in memory data store on the top level of the server. Now, I need to find a different way to persist the state of Tic-Tac-Toe games since the top level is agnostic to the implementation and can no longer hold the data store. I've been thinking over the possibilities, but it's hard to choose something to refactor towards. Once I have my Packet workflow refactored I will be tackling this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment