Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day In Review

I began yesterday by working on the hosemonster project, but soon after stand up Micah had a task for me to complete. Micah asked for a Clojure Map to Ruby Hash converter. It was to be written in clojure, take a map as a parameter, and then return a string representation of a ruby hash. The source is found here. It was a good learning experience since I went through a few refactorings. It was also good to practice recursively iterating through a map since this is the natural way of iterating in Clojure.

The second part of the day Micah wanted the converter to be plugged into his code sparring app in order to allow more languages to participate. Ultimately, I failed to to have it return ruby hashes from the app, but I plan on giving it another go soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment