Monday, January 9, 2012

Day In Review

Today, I began by picking up a three point Artisan story. I like the abstractions between input and presentation that we are building in Artisan. The current story asks for emails to be sent to a configurable list of people depending on certain events happening. I was able to place email handlers into the classes that process these change events and it felt very painless, which is great. The email handler themselves are passed high level objects and pulls out the necessary data for email presentation, which removes that responsible from other locations in the code. Moving forward, I want to make this email presenter class easily extensible so that developers in the future can easy manage mass emails in the same way.

The second portion of the day I spent working on the Clojure Koans. Thankfully, I have had the opportunity to pair briefly with Myles on Metis, an ORM for Clojure. Unfortunately, event after pairing, Clojure still feels a bit weird to me. I'm purposefully moving slowly and constantly referencing the documentation to try and get a good feel for Clojure.

No comments:

Post a Comment